Think about how, when, why and where you say your dog’s name. We can often fall into the trap of over-using our dog’s name, which can make it become meaningless. As a dog training tip, try and keep your dog’s name special.
When we say their name they should pay us attention. If your dog’s name get said often but is often ignored, then think about a nickname or a shortened version for them, one which you can keep for when you really need their attention. A great, enthusiastic response to name is a basic fundamental for all training!
Latest posts by Ami Sekhon (see all)
- Ami and CDS Win EVA for Solo Business of the Year 2017! - October 11, 2017
- How Cheshire Dog School was started - August 2, 2017
- EVA Awards 2017 – Ami is Finalist in the Solo Business Category - July 31, 2017
- Ami wins EVA 2016 award in Training and Coaching Category! - October 8, 2016
- Talking Dogs Scentwork – Scent 3 – Skill Builder - September 25, 2015