Dog & Puppy Training Classes at
Cheshire Dog School, Warrington, Cheshire
At Cheshire Dog School we believe that dog training classes should be about more than just
your adult dog or puppy learning obedience and some dog tricks.
The focal point of our training regime is on helping you to build a wonderful bond with your dog. We teach using modern, positive training methods with the emphasis on reward not punishment.
Our puppy and dog training classes
Our training classes, held in Warrington, Cheshire, are designed to be interesting and mentally stimulating for both dog and handler, enriching the bond between you both. Your dog will learn all the training, obedience and good manners that are necessary for being a great family pet and a good canine citizen. This includes coming when called, walking well on a lead, and how to greet people calmly. As your local dog trainers in Cheshire, we will help you learn about all the elements of living with your dog including behaviour, mental stimulation, physical exercise and nutrition; our dog and puppy classes teach so much more than “dog obedience” or “puppy socialisation”.
We are proud to have Kennel Club Listed status, which allows us to operate the Kennel Club’s Good Citizen Dog Training Scheme (GCDS) at bronze, silver and gold award levels. Note that for the purposes of GCDS we are known as the "The Dog School UK (Cheshire)".
Dog and puppy training to suit your needs and your dog’s age and breed
Cheshire Dog School also believes that training should be tailored to suit you and your dog. This means that even when you are participating in a group lesson, we ensure that you and your dog or puppy receive training and socialisation help that works for you.We have classes in Warrington suitable for all ages and abilities, from brand new puppies to adult dogs in their prime.
- We hold weekday-evening and weekday-daytime adult dog and puppy training classes over 2 locations: Hood Manor, Warrington, Cheshire and the secure dog area at Orford Park, Warrington Cheshire - which is part of the £30million Orford Park redevelopment project (see Maps on Contact Us page)
- We can also arrange private lessons (one to one dog training to suit individual needs)
- We hold Activity/Agility classes in a fully securely fenced paddock which is part of a field at the junction of Orford Road and Birchwood Way, Warrington, WA2 7SS; the classes range from “fun agility” to classes for competing dogs
- In addition we run Puppy Foundation Agility courses from time to time – click here for the latest details
- We also run “UK Rally classes”; as the Kennel Club puts it, this sport is like an 'obedience exercise obstacle course'
- Ask about our workshops or check the information about them on our “Timetable of Classes” page
- Plus we will happily arrange a “new puppy home visit”
- Puppy socialisation: we are asked regularly to explain this to new puppy owners – rest assured that puppy socialisation is built into our visits and classes and, as dog trainers, we can give you lots of help and advice.
Dog trainers you will be happy with
Obviously you want to be assured that the dog trainer you choose is the right choice for your dog or puppy – please have a look at About Cheshire Dog School for more information about us. Trainer and co-owner Mike Markey is affiliated to the British Institute of Professional Dog Trainers having obtained a Certificate in Instructional Techniques.
Of course, please do not hesitate to Contact Cheshire Dog School with any questions you have about our dog and puppy training classes, dog activity/agility classes, methods, prices etc. If you are struggling with your dog’s behaviour or you simply need some puppy training tips, we fit the bill in all cases. We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully seeing you at one of our Warrington based classes or in the comfort of your own home!
Hire of dog cratesWe are now HIRING out dog crates in different sizes.
- Many of our clients want to try crate training for their puppies, but for one reason or another are wary of purchasing a crate
- Also we have many friends who have had poorly dogs at some stage of their life or who have been injured in some way and those owners wanted a crate to use for just a short period of time, perhaps for transport to the vets of a quiet place for puppy or dog to recover
- Of course many owners just want a crate for use on a holiday
Crates can be hired on a weekly basis:
£10 per week and then £5 each week, thereafter.
(A refundable deposit of £30 per crate is also required.)
For more information, including the size of crates we hire out, just contact Cheshire Dog School.