Our adult dog training course is aimed at dogs over 20 weeks old that are new to training – or where owners want them to brush up on their basics.
Classes are all about learning good dog obedience and behaviour with distractions. We’ll show you that dog training does not have to be stressful, difficult or a chore.
We also teach lots of fun tricks and games to mentally stimulate your dog so if you want your dog to learn to fetch your slippers, learn some tricks or a bit of heelwork to music (doggy dancing) then this is the dog training class for you! We like to look upon it as “dog training made easy” as it’s a lot of fun! We certainly do not believe the old adage that “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks”!
Our Adult Dog Obedience Course:
- has set starts dates
- lasts for 5 weeks
- runs for 50 minutes per class
- has small-sized classes to ensure that you and your dog receive plenty of individual attention
- dogs must be over 20 weeks old
- has a pre-requisite: you’ll need to bring your dog for a free, informal assessment before joining this class. This is just to ensure that your dog is suitable for a class environment. The assessment should only take 10 – 15 minutes and will take place during a current class. Please contact us to arrange this assessment.
During this dog training course we cover:
- Attention to owner
- Excite and Settle down
- Walk on lead without pulling
- Come when called (recall with distractions and distance control)
- Manners greeting people without jumping
- Sit and Lie down on first command
- Wait at doorways, for meals and in a down stay
- Fetch & Drop
- Leave it (no stealing)
- Socialisation with dogs and people
The “Over 20 weeks” rule applies to Puppies and Dogs:
Note that our “over 20 weeks” rule also applies to puppies over 20 weeks old. As we explain on the FAQ page, at around 5.5 – 7 months of age most puppies will start to become adolescents and their behaviour and training needs will be different to that of a younger puppy.
The Adult Beginners Obedience course is more suited to this stage of development and you – and your dog – will gain much more from attending this course. The basic exercises will still be covered and the course is suitable for a complete beginner, the only difference is you will receive information relevant to your dog’s current stage of development.
What you need to know:
- Spaces are limited so must be booked in advance
- The cost of the course is £65; we require the full course fee to secure your place.
(Please also see our Course Fees & Refunds policy).
- The locations and days/times of the course are:
(usually Mondays at 6.30pm and Wednesdays at 7.30pm)
(usually Thursdays at 6.30pm AND usually a class at 7.30pm, depending on demand)
Please get in touch with us to find out when the next Adult Dog Obedience course begins.