Our Intermediate dog training course is for puppies and dogs who have completed either Puppy Beginners Obedience or Adult Beginners Obedience, or who have been taught previously by a different dog trainer and wish to further their training and skills.
We concentrate a lot on furthering self-control skills, focus around distractions, and also introduce new, more challenging, exercises which include an emergency stop and send to a mat.
Our Intermediate Course:
- has set starts dates
- lasts for 5 weeks
- runs for 50 minutes per class
- has small-sized classes to ensure that you and your dog receive plenty of individual attention
During the Intermediate dog & puppy training course we cover:
- Emergency Stop
- Distance Control
- “Stays” with Distractions
- On and Off-Lead walking with Distractions
- Recall Past Food
- Recall Away from Other Dogs
- Out-of-Sight “Stays”
- General advancement of previously learnt skills
The Intermediate course bridges the gap between the Puppy Foundation / Adult Beginners courses and our Improvers classes. As the Improver class is a rolling course the dogs attending are of mixed ability. The Intermediate course makes the transition easier and smoother for both the dog and the owner.
What you need to know:
- Spaces are limited so must be booked in advance
- The cost of the course is £75 (w.e.f. November 2020); we require the full course fee to secure your place.
(Please also see our Course Fees & Refunds policy).
- The locations and days/times of the course are:
(usually Tuesday 6.30pm)
(usually Thursdays at 6.30pm AND usually a class at 7.30pm, depending on demand)
Please get in touch with us to find out when the next Intermediate Puppy & Dog Obedience course begins.