Gail Baker is a qualified McTimony-Corley animal manipulator, level 3 canine hydrotherapist, canine first aider, and teaches remedial and sports massage for dogs.
This hands-on, interactive two day seminar teaches delegates how to keep their dog in top condition, and how to use massage and exercise to prevent injury and get the most out of their dog. Ideal for Agility dogs, Flyball dogs, Show dogs, Working dogs and active pet dogs.
Delegates will be able to bring their own dog to work on to the seminar, being held at Weston Primary School, Runcorn.
Delegates may attend one or both days. Day one is aimed at people completely new to canine massage. Day two is open to people who have massage experience or who have previously attended day one.
DAY 1 (Saturday 9th November)
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Gait Analysis
- How massage works and why it can benefit your dogs performance
- Pre-event massage
- Post-event massage – how to soothe aching muscles, drain lactic acid and speed recovery
- Other warm up techniques
- Sports Focus & common problems
- Injuries & Health conditions in sports dogs
- Care of the elderly athlete
DAY 2 (Sunday 10th November)
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology
- Analysing movement through high speed camera
- Core Stability – Why we use this and what for
- Core stability exercises
- Advanced Massage Techniques, working deeper into the muscles
- Basic stretching techniques
- Puppy fitness – What can we do?
Date: Saturday 9th November – Sunday 10th November
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Venue: Weston Primary School, Runcorn, WA7 4RA
Cost: £70 for two days or £40 for one day
Spaces are limited and must be pre-booked.
For more information or to book, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call: 07825 119 188.
Latest posts by Ami Sekhon (see all)
- Please visit our YouTube channel! - July 8, 2020
- Ami and CDS Win EVA for Solo Business of the Year 2017! - October 11, 2017
- How Cheshire Dog School was started - August 2, 2017
- EVA Awards 2017 – Ami is Finalist in the Solo Business Category - July 31, 2017
- Ami wins EVA 2016 award in Training and Coaching Category! - October 8, 2016